The Apostle Stone of Julianstown
Julianstown in County Meath was once a thriving and industrious little hamlet.
There were very many Mills located on the banks of the River Nanny.
While I haven't fully explored the locale, today it seems as if most of the old village has disappeared along with its various Mills and Kilns.
There are however several historical points of interest dotted about Julianstown, not least among them the "Twelve Apostles of Julianstown."
These are the figures carved alongside what once served as a tomb.
It is also known as the "Apostle Stone."
Julianstown lies near the Meath coastline just inside Meath and North of County Dublin.
The Stone is located in Saint Mary's Church of Ireland which is just a little off the old main Dublin road and easy to locate.
The Church was closed on my visit but apparently there are some beautiful Stained Glass Windows inside, and I believe, an old Font probably of medieval origin.
I have posted pictures of each of the individual Apostles on the Stone.
I have also posted some photo's of some of the older Gravestones at Saint Mary's Church of Ireland.
Keep the wheels turning.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
