Tuesday 19 February 2019

Aghaboe Abbey, Laois

Aghaboe Abbey 

 

Aghaboe Abbey


Yesterday was a short spin to Agahaboe Abbey and Saint Canice's in Laois.


Aghaboe Abbey

I managed to get all four seasons in a day.

Today  the 21st Century technology will get a look in with a Power Meter and Zwift.

Zwift

  I was reintroduced today to Zwift by way of an FTP Test (Functional Threshold Power).
If you've never seen Zwift it's a kind of virtual cycling world.

By using a power meter on a bike I can get a reasonable workout by working off a percentage of my FTP depending on what type of workout I'm doing.

Zwift


Zwift takes some of the boredom out of indoor training however if you compare a Photo of Aghaboe Abbey with a Photo of Zwift I think you'll agree the Abbey is much more interesting.

If you've not seen Zwift before it basically turns you into a CGI cyclist but measures Speed Power and Cadence pretty accurately if used in conjunction with either a Power Meter or some type of Smart Trainer.

One of these days I'll tidy up and fix those broken wheels......